Garden City – The ACHD Commission voted to approve the adoption of the proposed budget during the public hearing on Wednesday, August 21st. For only the second time in eleven years, the budget includes a three-percent increase in the general tax rate as well as an increase for the value of new construction added to the county’s tax roll.
This approved budget of nearly $123.2 million for fiscal year 2020 includes projects to increase safety and mobility, and provides for the maintenance and operation of Ada County’s roads, sidewalks, traffic signals, bike lanes and related infrastructure. The approved budget includes a $60.1 million capital program with 149 projects, including:
- Improving Meridian Road between Cherry Lane and Ustick Road
- Revamping Ten Mile Road between Ustick Road and Chinden Boulevard (US 20/26)
- A new Cole Road and Victory Road Intersection
- An upgraded Gowen Road Bridge #2173.
- Enhanced pedestrian facilities: Improving curbs, ramps and sidewalks for persons with disabilities in high priority neighborhoods identified through ACHD’s recent Americans with Disabilities Act Transition Plan Update